Do you want to see a beautiful castle, like from a fairy tale? We will take you for a half day tour to Moszna Castle.
The castle in Moszna is one of the biggest attractions of the Opole region and one of the most interesting castles in Poland. It owes its fame to its fairy-tale appearance – it has 365 rooms, 99 towers and turrets.
The building was built in the mid-seventeenth century. The eclectic block consists of the baroque central part rebuilt after the fire of 1896, the neo-Gothic east wing of the castle and the west wing in the neo-Renaissance style. From 1866 to 1945, the castle was the residence of industrial tycoons – the Silesian Tiele-Winckler family. It owes them their current shape and the most legends, including the number of towers.
The castle in Moszna also has its own spirit. According to legend, the white lady wandering around the chambers of the castle in Moszna is unfortunately in love with the countess governess, who took her life out of love and every night walks towards the count’s former bedroom, which currently houses one of the hotel apartments.
It is surrounded by a park where rare clusters of rhododendrons grow. From 1972 it housed the Neurosis Therapy Center, which was moved to the built pavilion near the castle.
Currently, the castle in Moszna is intended only for tourists. It houses a hotel and restaurant, and a horse stable nearby.
The annual Feast of Blooming Azalea takes place in the facility – in May and June the music of Polish and German composers is popularized here, during the holiday the gallery presents art exhibitions, there are also outdoor painting workshops
- pick up from your hotel in Krakow at chosen time
- around 2,5 hours journey from Krakow to Moszna Castle
- around 1 hour of visit in the Castle
- 1 hour of free time
- return to Krakow with the same vehicle with an English speaking driver
- drop off at your hotel in Krakow
Total duration time: around 7 hours
- 890 PLN per person (1 person)
- 510 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 390 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 320 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 280 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 260 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 240 PLN per person (7 persons)
- 220 PLN per person (8 persons)
- Contact us (9 persons or more)
What is included:
- hotel pick up and drop off in Krakow at chosen time
- private transportation by high quality air-conditioned vehicle
- our English speaking driver’s assistance
- entrance tickets to Moszna Castle
During spring and autumn, fans of „The Witcher” can take part in a special convention, where you can feel like one of the characters – take part in sword fight or try on some dresses. If you would be interested, please contact us and we will send you more details.