Are you looking for a trip outside the city? Are you a fan of castles and nature? That works out perfectly!
Take our tour to Ogrodzieniec Castle & Ojcow National Park.
The Ogrodzieniec Castle in Podzamcze, erected during the reign of King Casimir the Great on the highest hill of the Krakow-Częstochowa Upland (515.5 m a.s.l.), is the largest and most famous castle structure in Silesia, as well as the most popular of all castles on the Trail of the Eagles’ Nests. It is an example of the craftsmanship of former builders who for centuries made Ogrodzieniec an impressive magnate residence.
Already in the 13th century during the reign of Bolesaaw Krzywousty, it was decided to erect the first defensive walls in this place, which was destroyed by the Tartar invasion in 1241. It was not until Kazimierz Wielki that built a stone castle there. The fortress of Ogrodzieniec often changed owners, among whom it is worth mentioning the Boner family. The son of the first owner of the Boner family, Seweryn, rebuilt the castle in the Renaissance style, and the residence became the second Wawel.
After the visit in Ogrodzieniec, we will take you to Ojcow National Park – it was created on January 14, 1956. Its area is currently 2,145.62 ha. It is located in the southern part of the Kraków-Częstochowa Upland
First, there will be a short stop by the Club of Hercules’ – a famous rock. Then you will have some free time to explore the Park on your own. You can try a smoked or grilled trout – a traditional, local meal or see the Krakow Gate, ruins of Ojcow Castle or Lokietek’s Cave – which is the longest among 700 caves in the park and a must-see during your visit here.
* Please note that visiting Ogrodzieniec Castle is possible only between April and November.
- pick up from your hotel in Krakow
- around 1,5 hours journey from Krakow to Ogrodzieniec Castle
- around 1 hour of free time to see the castle on your own – you will get a map
- around 50 minutes journey to Ojcow National Park
- stop by the Club of Hercules’ by the Pieskowa Skala Castle
- up to 1,5 hours of free time in Ojcow National Park
- return to Krakow with the same vehicle with an English speaking driver – around 40 minutes
- drop off at your hotel in Krakow
Total duration time: up to 6 hours
- 600 PLN total (1-2 persons)
- 250 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 210 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 180 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 160 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 150 PLN per person (7 persons)
- Contact us (8 persons or more)
What is included:
- hotel pick up and drop off in Krakow at chosen time
- transportation by high quality air-conditioned vehicle (mini van or minibus)
- English speaking driver’s assistance
- entrance tickets to Ogrodzieniec Castle
- free time in Ojcow National Park
* In case of private option, we can adjust the itinerary to your expectations and needs. Additionally we can offer you a private guide in chosen language – for 450 PLN per guide