Pope John Paul II is related with many places in Poland but the most important remains Wadowice – his hometown located in Lesser Poland Voivodeship, approx. 50 km from Krakow. Karol Wojtyla was born here in 1920 and lived here until 1938. Then he moved to Krakow. However, town of Wadowice was still present in his heart. He mentioned about his hometown many times during the 26 years pontificate. In 2014 Holy Father John Paul II Family Home Museum was opened here. The heart of the museum is the flat in which Karol Wojtyla was born and raised. We invite you for one day trip from Krakow to show you this special place. Besides that, you will have a chance to visit Market Square where the future pope was meeting his friends, Basilica of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary where he was baptized and received his First Holy Communion. In the short distance from the Market Square you can taste favourite cake of Karol Wojtyla – famous Kremowka.
We organize private tours from Krakow to Wadowice.
- hotel pick up, starting at chosen time
- approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes journey from Krakow to Wadowice by private car/van with English speaking driver,
- up to 70 minutes of guided group sightseeing tour inside The Holy Father John Paul II Family Home Museum with local guide in chosen language
In the museum you will see:
- Wojtyla’s flat with three rooms: kitchen, bedroom and living room. Renovation was based on the memories of Karol Wojtyla’s neighbours and colleagues. Apartment is equipped with original items belonging to the family.
- Little Homeland exhibition – devoted to the youthful years of Karol Wojtyla, full of family and friends photographs, secondary school-leaving certificate of Karol Wojtyla and his hand-written biography.
- “Krakow, thank you” exhibition – part dedicated to the life of the future Pope during World War II – studies, work and preparation for the priesthood.
- “I forgive the assassin” exhibition – touching part of the museum reminding the events of May 13, 1981, when John Paul II became a victim of an assassin. The pistol from which the pope was shot can be seen in a glass case placed in the floor.
- “And the world became home” exhibition.
4. 1 hour of free time to discover the centre of Wadowice city.
- Market Square,
- Basilica of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary with relics – the blood of John Paul II in a special reliquary.
- Monuments of John Paul II – the most famous is the two-and-a-half-meter monument on which the smiling Pope stands on a granite rock,
- Pastry shops – time for delicious dessert – a famous Kremowka!
5. approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes drive back from Wadowice to Krakow
6. hotel drop off.
Tour lasts up to 4,5 hours
- 540 PLN per person (1 person)
- 290 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 210 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 180 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 150 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 130 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 120 PLN per person (7 persons)
- Contact us (8 persons or more)
- hotel pick up / drop off, starting at chose time,
- private transportation by comfortable car
- service of private English speaking driver during whole tour,
- entrance tickets to The Holy Father John Paul II Family Home Museum in Wadowice,
- 70 minutes guided group tour inside the Museum with local guide in chosen language
- 1 hour of free time in the centre of Wadowice to see all highlights on your own
We are able to organize this private tour in following languages:: English, Spanish, French, Italian, German and Russian
*some languages are subject to availability and prices may vary