Are you tired of long sightseeing in the city and want to regenerate? We will take you for Dunajec River Rafting – in Pieniny National Park, which will start in Sromowce Nizne. During around 17 km route you will have an opportunity to admire the beauty of nature and two famous mountains – „Three Crowns” and „Sokolica”. Don’t miss the chance to breathe fresh air and take rest from the city life.
Rafting down the Dunajec gorge is one of the region’s biggest attractions. We can successfully call it an attraction on a European scale. The Dunajec gorge is one of the most beautiful gorges on the European continent.
The tradition of rafting on a wooden raft made of connected canoes dates back to the mid-nineteenth century. Tourist rafting dates back to the turn of the 1930s and 1940s. Their originator was the then owner of Szczawnica Jozef (Joseph) Szalaya. Elegant gentlemen in top cylinders and elegant ladies in crinolines and huge hats sat on the rafts.
Rafting on the Dunajec River is the undisputed tourist hit of the Pieniny – the most famous attraction of this area, known throughout Poland. And this is not surprising, because the rafting route leads through extremely picturesque corners, the meandering Dunajec River, which creates a breakthrough here and breaks into the rocks of the Pieniny National Park giving wonderful views that you can’t look elsewhere. Rafting on the Dunajec River is the easiest and at the same time the most spectacular way to reach the heart of the Pieniny National Park.
After the rafting (in Szczawnica) our driver will take you to Zakopane – the most popular city in the Tatra mountains, know as winter capital of Poland. You will have 4 hours of free time to explore this beautiful place of Polish highlander’s culture and folklore.
You will have time to rest and try traditional local cuisine – don’t forget to try oscypek – traditional hard smoked cheese – the most famous dainty in this region. You will have plenty of time to stroll down the most famous street in Zakopane – Krupowki to buy some souvenirs or take a funicular ride up the Gubalowka Mountain, where you can admire stunning views of Polish Tatra Mountains.
We guarantee – after these experiences you will come back to Krakow relaxed and peaceful.
This fully private service including Dunajec River rafting and visit in Zakopane.
- hotel pick up, starting at chosen time (preferably in the morning),
- approx. 2,5 hours journey from Krakow to Sromowce Nizne by private car/van with English speaking driver at your disposal,
- 2,5h Dunajec river rafting on wooden drafts
You will see:
- Red Monastery – located on Slovakian side of the border, founded in 14th century,
- Three Crowns – the highest peak in the Pieniny Mountains,
- Sokolica – another famous peak of Pieniny Mountains, known for being a great viewpoint to admire the canyon of the Dunajec River and the Tatra Mountains in the further distance,
- numerous rock formations and beautiful greenery of Pieniny National Park.
4. free time in Szczawnica – perfect for lunch,
5. approx 1,5 hour journey from Szczawnica to Zakopane
6. stop nearby the Wielka Krokiew (Great Krokiew) in Zakopane – famous ski jumping hill,
7. approx. 3 hours of free time in Zakopane
You will have a chance to:
- take a walk along the main street of Zakopane – Krupowki Street,
- taste famous „oscypek” which is traditional, local, hard smoked cheese
- take the funicular ride up Gubalowka Mountain – wonderful view of Tatra Mountains on the top
8. journey back from Zakopane to Krakow (approx 2,5h depending on traffic)
9.hotel drop off
Our tour lasts approximately 13 hours
- 950 PLN per person (1 person)
- 510 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 370 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 320 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 270 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 240 PLN per person (6 persons)
- Contact us (7 persons) or more
- hotel pick up / drop off (starting at chosen time),
- transportation by comfortable car / van,
- English speaking driver’s service during whole day,
- tickets for Dunajec traditional rafting,
- approx.2,5 hours of rafting along Dunajec River canyon between Sromowce Nizne and Szczawnica
- approx. 3 hours of free time in Zakopane
*there is an option to book additional service of private professional guide in chosen language (English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, Russian) for whole tour (also during the rafting). It’s extra cost – 650 PLN per guide
*rafting season lasts from April 1st until October 31st. Service is available very day besides Easter Sunday and the Corpus Christi Holiday